1. Cut the broccoli into even-sized florets. Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water for 3 minutes and drain thoroughly.
2. Put the soft cheese into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring, until melted. Add the milk and stir until well combined.
3. Add the broccoli to the cheese mixture and stir to coat.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the tagliatelle. Stir and bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat slightly and cook the tangliatelle, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes until just tender.
5. Drain the tagliatelle thoroughly and divide among 4 warmed serving plates. Spoon the sauce on top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, garnish with chives and serve.