1. Blend ground rice in 1/4 cup of the milk. Bring remainder of milk to the boil in a heavy-based pan and blend in ground rice mixture, salt and sugar.
2. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon over medium heat until mixture bubbles gently, then simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat if necessary so that mixture cooks slowly.
3. Stir in the ground almond until blended smothly, then add the rose water.
4. Remove from heat and stir occasionally till mixture cools a little, then pour into serving bowl or six individual dishes.
5. Chili and serve garnished with nuts and pomegranate seeds if available.