Luscious figs served with an almond - flavoured cream and arranged on a pool of fresh rasberry sauce
1. set aside 1 tbsp of the double (heavy) cream then lightly whip the remainder until stiff enough to hold its shape.
2. Put the amaretti biscuits in plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until they form fine crumbs. Fold into the whipped cream.
3. Slice each fig into 6 pieces and arrange on 4 serving plates. Put a spoonful of the amaretti cream in the centre of each plate.
4. Press the raspberries through a non-metallic sieve (strainer) then stir in the icing (confectioners) sugar.
5. Spoon the raspberry sauce around the figs and amaretti cream.
6. Put drops of the reserved cream on to the sauce and drag a skewer through the drops to make an attractive pattern. Decorate with raspberry leaves and serve.